❊❊ INACTIVE PAGE ❊❊
The date for this event has passed.
Enquire Here or see below for advertisers' details.
Buddhist Spring Festival 2018
How to find peace in an uncertain world
10 & 11 November 10.30 am – 4 pm
Meditation is an ancient game changer – Buddhism teaches that happiness comes from our mind’s reaction to events and not the events themselves.
Hear leading teachers and speakers explore how to find peace in this turbulent world.
This vibrant festival offers something for everyone. It is for those exploring meditation, wishing to enjoy the beautiful gardens, visit the market or to learn about the traditional Tibetan temple and the ancient culture of Tibet.
Amongst many activities, visitors can attend different talks on Buddhist philosophy with guided meditation from teachers from different Buddhist centres.
Everyone is welcome to join the main event of the festival, the Ceremony for World Peace on Saturday 10 November at noon.
Meet the remarkable 14-year-old Campbell Remess of Project 365 – at our Ceremony for World Peace at 12 noon Saturday – who will explain how he is changing the world ‘one teddy at a time’. The ceremony is held in the Society’s magnificent traditional Tibetan temple.
The Ceremony for World Peace brings together different religious traditions, community groups and local, state and federal government representatives to join as a community and pray for international peace and harmony.
You can also hear Campbell again at 1 pm on Sunday – when he will present a talk in the temple immediately after the temple tour.
Relax in the peace and serenity of the centre gardens:
– Join free garden tours covering organic cultivation and the art of rose and salvia pruning
– Meander through 10 acres of peaceful gardens with lawns, lakes and many birds
– Unwind under the shade of golden robinias and Californian redwoods,
– See the beauty of many-coloured salvias, roses, marigolds, satin hibiscus and many more plants and trees
Plenty to do:
– Magnificent Tibetan temple with amazing golden roof, spires and ornaments
-12 ft statue of Shakyamuni Buddha
– Guided tours of the temple explaining the iconography and Tibetan culture
– Browse the colourful market and Enjoyment Shop
– Enjoy delicious vegetarian food with fresh coffee, home-made chai and cakes in the courtyard cafe
– View a pictorial history of Tibet with new photos and dvds
– Explore the second-hand book stall raising funds for our homeless program
– Find children’s activities in the market and children’s meditation area
Entry $5. Family rate $10 for parents and school-age children or younger. Facility charge for talks is $10 for one talk, $15 for two and $20 for three or four talks a day. Temple tours are $5. Photo exhibition and garden tours are free. All proceeds support the temple and gardens.
Web Link: Buddhist Spring Festival 2018
❊ UPDATE PAGE ❊
This event can be reactivated with updated information with the UPDATE function.
Select the button below and follow the instructions.
Update (Edit) Page
Upgrade Page Advertising
Advertising (Home) Central